We are a friendly, award-winning 35-strong ladies community choir, based in Penistone, South Yorkshire, and are looking to appoint a new Musical Director from September 2021. We are well-established, having been founded 35 years ago back in 1986. We rehearse in Penistone on Monday evenings 7.45 – 9.45 and typically enjoy 8-10 performances a year, with a mix of fundraising and community concerts, weddings, festivals, competitions and the occasional tour elsewhere in the UK or abroad. We have a varied repertoire comprising folk, classical, religious, spiritual and show songs.
We are looking for a talented, motivational, professionally trained MD who can lead and inspire the choir, further developing their vocal technique. We require a candidate who has:
- An understanding of choral singing and vocal coaching techniques and an ability to develop those techniques within the choir
- A broad approach to choral repertoire
- Good communication and people skills, working with both the choir, the accompanist and the committee.
- The ability to lead a choir with differing levels of technical ability (e.g. sightreading)
- The ability to commit sufficient time to Penistone Ladies Choir such that the programme of concerts and festivals can be supported.
Remuneration to be in line with recommended rates which are regularly reviewed and initially based on experience.
Interested applicants should send a CV, availability to start and a covering letter of application to email@example.com by the closing date of 16th August 2021. We hope to then invite a shortlist of candidates to direct a trial rehearsal as soon as possible.
If you would like further information or to discuss the position further, please call our Chair Denise Pozorski on 07954 137627